Plymbridge House is situated at the Plympton end of Plymbridge Road, and was the first house to be built in Plymbridge Road around 1890. The Home was previously the vicarage for St Mary’s Church. The Reverend Joseph Mercer Cox the Contempory Incumbent of St Mary’s Church became the first vicar to live at Plymbridge House.
The vicarage was converted into a Residential Home and renamed in 1983. Situated in one acre of landscaped grounds the home offers sheltered patios and attractive gardens.
Registered Manager of Plymbridge House, Kathie Shopland, has over seen a number of improvements to the Home for many years and cares deeply about the quality of care provided to Plymbridge Residents, along with regular training for her staff.